Wednesday 11 January 2012

And so it begins! Finally I'm motivated to loose weight!

A  bit of a background on my weight issues

I've always been a little thick but never considered myself to be fat. My mom suggested I go and check out this diet she was trying. I thought why not I could probably shed a pound or two. Was I ever shocked when the scale read 180lbs! I had a flat stomach, no love handles, I was FLOORED! So I lost about 30lbs and when I was engaged I gained the 30 back I had lost. On our honeymoon I got pregnant so no more dieting for me! After the birth of my son I weighted less than when I got pregnant, SCORE! Then I got pregnant again and again I weighted less after the birth of my daughter than I did before getting pregnant. Sweet this whole pregnancy thing is working out very nicely for me.  Then I went back on my diet because I was determined to loose all that weight. And I did, I was down to about 130lbs, things were great, I was skinnier and healthier than I had ever been.

Then I went back to school and started to gain weight again. Towards the end of my course I found out I was pregnant. Nice! I was back up to almost 180 at that point. This pregnancy did not go like the other 2 did and I was gaining weight like never before. Once I hit the 200lb mark I told my Dr and her nurse that I did not wish to know how much I weighed. During this pregnancy I had depression and I'm a big time stress eater so...... It continued on past the delivery of my daughter and I just did not have the motivation to loose weight. You'd think the chicken wing delivery person commenting that we might as well have a stock in the company because we order so much would have motivated me. Well it made me stop and think. But we ordered again anyway. And I got pregnant for the 4th time and didn't want to know my weight because I was well over 200lbs, I'm sure.

Now baby number four is 9 months and I'm finally feeling motivated. There's nothing like doing a diet and not feeling like you can accomplish your goal. Well I am finally ready.  I started my diet the end of November 2011 and right off the bat I started to loose weight. It felt great! In two weeks I had lost 10lbs, but made it clear to the ladies at the centre that I did not want to know how much I weighed.  Into my 3rd week I hadn't lost anything. CRAP. I maintained that weight for 3 weeks. In all honesty I was not sticking entirely to my diet. It was Christmas and I was cheating. Cookies, gravy and we ordered wings a few times over the Christmas break. Now that the new year is on us I buckled down and am back on track. Went in for my first weigh in after the new year and was very disapointed to find that I was up 3lbs. CRAP! But I will keep at it. I decided that I need to see how much I weighed to keep my motivation strong.


This is me at Christmas at 202lbs



Amanda's Weight Loss Statistics
The beginning of my diet I weighed 215lbs.
My weigh in today I am proud to announce is 202lbs. 
My goal for the end of this month is to be under 200lbs. 
Currently I am wearing a size 18 bottom and 1x or xl top (truthfully they are getting big on me!)
My ideal weight is 125lbs.

For the longest time I didn't care to do anything about how much I weighed. No one was overly successful at convinving me that I should do this now. I had to come to that realization entirely on my own. But it is more than just loosing the weight, that's just the beginning of the weight loss battle for me. After this I will have to keep it off. It's a complete life style change. I have to make an honest effort to eat better, get more exercise and be healthy.

 If you are loosing weight or know you should please check back with me again. I will be posting often about my weight loss over this coming year and maybe my journey can inspire you to do something good for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment